19/01/2018

Calm


Hey Everyone

Doesn't this photo make you feel calm
This is my gorgeous cousin Keira she's a very serene, spiritual soul and loves 
all things in the outside world 

Her husband Kadex took this photo (he has taken some amazing photos) in Bali 

I made a video of the process I did to create this canvas which was quite an adventure LOL 

 You can watch it here on my YouTube channel
Sorry about the quality I don't know what's happened so if anyone can help please let me 
know so I can fix it xx



When I saw the Dusty Attic Mandala stencil I knew I had to have it 
I used some of the Finnabair Impasto Paints I watered them down so they mixed a bit 


I painted whited gesso over the stencilled area after I painted it then rubbed it back so the gesso stayed in the grooves of the stencilled area

The background has about ten layers on it LOL 
I couldn't decide how I wanted it to look and kept covering it up with gesso in 
then end wiping it back gave it the look I liked 




I embellished with a few bits I don't think this canvas needed a lot the photo 
has to be the main focus so just a few flowers, a metal feather, a jar of "crystals"and 
a large crystal and thats it


Thanks for visiting and I hope you will be back soon xx

No comments:

Post a Comment